Denver Colorodo TCG-Con June 18-19th

Had a blast at the Con. My plane touched down Friday the 17th @9:30pm, got to the Best Western around 10pm, Ken Meyer Jr. Showed up 15 minutes after me, we were going to order food but everything in Denver closes at 10pm so luckily I bought a bag of smokehouse almonds at the airport, so that and a diet coke was my late night dinner 😆, Ken had a hotel Ramen noodle.  Hung out with Ken for a bit before crashing, but Philly is 2 hours ahead of Denver,  so I woke up at 5am, tossed and turned till 6am, finally got up, dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. Met Mark Poole downstairs, he treated to a Uber to the event as setup was 8am.
Got there, set up and the day was on. It was a good show but a bit slow for me so I did my usual...mischeif😈🥳we left the show around 6pm which is 3 hours earlier than I usually leave. Ken, Mark, marks awesome son and I went out to Ruth Chris Steakhouse as all the other steak places were booked ( fathers day weekend and a grateful dead concert/ raves). Ruth Chris served me possibly THE best steak and garlic mashed potatoes I have ever had. It's always great getting together with the other artist for dinner after the show. 
Mark always humbles me. He's such a great down to earth guy and so talented and Ken is always fun to hang with and he also humbles me with his talent.  After Dinner we went back to the hotel and went our separate ways to crash for tomorrow's show.
Best Western has free breakfasts, this one in Denver had the absolute worst...lol, it was edible but awful ( and I paid for it the next day💩).  
The show opened up Sunday @10pm and sundays are usually slow so I had some time to knock out alters.
I also had goof off time and had a blast hanging out with voice actor/comedian Mark Britton who is the voice of several characters from the Dragon Ball Z cartoon.
All the actors were very cool, but us mtg artist were on a other side...but that doesn't stop one from fun. I also got to see unexpected people I knew and met knew very cool fans.
Got my ass handed to me by a 15 year old with a artifact deck ( yep, I brought my goblin deck and played a few games) who was chill and ruthless...bwah hah hah ha.
 
After the show Ken and I went out to a Outback Steakhouse ( my brother wanted me to go to the Korean Steakhouse there Dae Gee Korean BBQ...next time). My flight was departing 11:59 pm so outback was close and easy. I booked a lift for 9:45 pm so I'd have plenty of time...the lift never showed so I had to cancel and rebook at 10:30pm, my driver was from Philly who had relocated there, so i had a blast on the way. Got to a very packed airport and arrived at the gate as they were boarding for the flight...wew😵‍💫.
My plane touched down in Philly @6am...
And back to the studio to finish sketches for a project. 
I will be at the Commander event this next weekend at the Philadelphia Convention center✌️...until then, or unless something exciting happens...
Later...

Comments

Popular Posts