Magic Con Philly 2023

It's been awhile since I've updated my blogger for this I apologize. Life has been very busy and interesting since I last posted a lot has happened. 
This last weekend was Magic30 ( Magic Con) Philly which was an extension of the magic 30th tour. This time it was in the Philadelphia Convention Center and was amazingly huge, simply immense....i mean immemse, it took up a entire city block on multiple levels. I had a booth there and artist alley and I got a chance to see a bunch of other artists that I haven't seen in a while,  was really good getting back in touch with them getting to see them, know them again.
Me and Phil Stone
Me and John Stanko
Me and RK Post
I met new artist saw old artists and had a heck of a fun time.
My good friends Dough schuler and Mark Aronowitz
Mark poole'sson...who is amazingly cool.
The old man himself, Ken Meyer Jr.
I got to meet the members of command Zone and was able to honor Myself by giving them playmats and talk to a art director or two, and  to hang out, chill and talk with a bunch of amazing fans... and by amazing I mean simply amazing. Played a game of commander, met popular streamers,signed a bunch of stuff and sold a bunch of merch.

 But of all I was able to escape for four wonderful days as Magic30 Con was from Thursday to Sunday, Thursday being set up day and Sunday being breakdown day. 
One of the highlights of the show was getting a chance to meet Justin Hoover, Quinton Hoover's son. As many don't know I was good friends with Quentin and his death affected me greatly. Quentin's just as cool and chill as his dad ever was and looks, sounds, and has the same mannerisms as his Dad ( minus the daisy dukes. It was a joy being able to meet him.
Me and Justin Hoover

As with all conventions though at the end it leaves you exhausted as you're working from 8:00 in the morning until 8:00-9:00 in the evening and then there's socializing after that and as everyone knows I'm somewhat of a hermit. Another highlight was being able to hang out with an old friend of mine Bob who I've known for 30 years and who's responsible for teach me how to play Magic back when it came out in 1993. 
In life sometimes we lose touch with old friends and it takes many years to reconnect, this is what happened with Bob who I hadn't seen in 25 years 24 years give or take, but seeing him again this last few weeks has been as though we never had a break in between hanging out. Of all the things in life it's the simple things that seem to matter the most.

Comments

Popular Posts